Dr Basil Beamish
Curtin Dr Dinty Mather
UNSW Dr Simit Ravel
UQ Dr Basil Beamish
UoA A/Prof Emmanuel Chanda
This course provides the future mining engineer with a comprehensive and practical understanding of the socio-environmental impacts both positive and negative that mining may have on society.
On completion of the course, the student should be capable of demonstrating an understanding of:
- Legal & political context of mining in Australia.
- Principles of Sustainable Development.
- Company-based initiatives in environmental management.
- State of the art techniques in environmental management of mine sites.
- Major issues associated with social/community impacts of mining in Australia and internationally